Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Beautiful One...

When I was in the 6th grade Prince came out with this song that gave me an fantasy of being this woman with so much power of being a woman a man wanted to have, to hold , and to be his girl. And everytime I hear this song it makes me think why as the older I get...I just don't feel like I have that power? You say Diva...but your beautiful? Your smart, you have all the right stuff..why not feel this power? Why don't you feel you are the beautiful one? Well my fellow Diva's I think it's about time we get that power back. I received this email with a picture of the First Black Women of Vogue Europe. From the newbies to our our own Supermodel Icons. It is one of the most beautiful pictures I have seen in a very long time. It exemplified the beauty of the black woman with different skin tones, sizes, hair colors...every thing that they were was all that and A BAG OF CHIPS. As I stared harder at the photo I thought to myself...do they consider themselves "the beautiful ones"? Do that have that mojo when they step in the place as if the world has stopped to stare? THEY MUST!! But I have a strong inkling that they feel just as we do. I'm not saying I think that I am this muskrat no not at all..but it's something about a woman who knows that she has it all together when you see her walking down the street. The confidence in who she is, where she is going, and whomever can catch her better run fast. You see it, smell it, and hear it in her voice. This photo brought so many issues to my mind of how many endless conversations I have either had, listen to, or advised on plastic surgery, weight loss, and style. In order to feel the true power and abundance of God we must believe we are The Beautiful One. We were created in His image. Not that of Media Takeouts, and Ad Agencies. We are mothers, daughters, wives, and friends. People whom see our beauty every single day. We wonder why men say cruel things about our weight for example to us...well we start that cycle with how do I look? Instead of I love the way this looks on me. Giving him the idea that I don't need your approval...I love me enough to know I am gorgeous just the way I am. Think about this..if New York can do it and make a career from it...WHY THEN CAN'T WE??

Be Blessed In all Your Ways:)

0 comments: